Uptown Artisanal Pop-Up Market in Columbia University Retail Space
A group of NYC small businesses has banded together to create the Uptown Artisanal Pop-Up market, open for a limited time in partnership with Columbia University.
The Uptown Artisanal Pop-Up store will be open Saturday, August 10 and Sunday, August 11 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 2878 Broadway, New York, NY 10025 (Broadway at 112th Street). Originally established in June 2019, the pop-up has continued to be held during the second weekend of each month. Columbia University is providing the space for the pop-up rent free.
The local business owners who are teaming up to create the pop-up market are all 2018 graduates of the Harlem Local Vendor Program. Supported by Columbia University, the Columbia-Harlem SBDC, and Harlem Park to Park, the Harlem Local Vendor Program helps small businesses in upper Manhattan grow through educational programs, networking opportunities and business coaching.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
"The Uptown Artisanal Pop-Up is a win-win opportunity, bringing the offerings of these unique, local vendors to the Morningside Heights community,” said Shari Colburn, Vice President of Real Estate. “Columbia is proud to support these Northern Manhattan businesses, and we hope the venture is successful so we can continue to bring innovative retail experiences to the community.”
The Pop-Up market will feature a dozen local businesses in August, including:
- Baobab Spa: Natural skin, hair, and aromatherapy products.
- Blackbird Dillinger: Utility bags and accessories.
- Blondie’s Divine Desserts: Blondie's Divine Desserts Are Not Simply A Dessert, They’re An Experience
- Gwell: a wellness brand that creates artisanal, plant-based confections and savory snacks.
- Hashbags: Cheeky bags that bring beloved hashtags to life on super-soft, roomy totes made from recycled materials.
- K’s European Jams: All-natural and light in sugar, K’s artisanal small batch preserves are blended to let the fruit flavor shine, preserving the vibrant aromas of each season.
- Odell Design Studio: NYC-based jewelry design company aimed at creating fun, colorful and chic everyday statement jewelry for the fashion-forward woman of every age.
- Smokks: Women and girls clothing that travels well and is insanely comfortable to wear.
- Soak Bathing Rituals: Soy wax candles, herbal bath soaks and palo santo bundles that work harmoniously to create a natural cleansing environment traditionally believed to have positive health benefits.
- Stay Creative Productions: Original artwork greeting cards created by students who face learning differences and mental health challenges.
- Sweet Vegan: Hand-crafted artisan vegan chocolate truffles with robust flavors and subtle spices.
- Victoria Akkari: Ethically and sustainably sourced culinary Argan oil.